1. Set sail from Marmaris and drop anchor just south of the port. Swim, snorkel and hike ashore – or just relax and unwind. Overnight in Kumlu Buku or Kadirga bay with dinner ashore (Kumlu Buku) or on board (Kadirga).
2. Cross the Turkish Aegean to Ekincik Bay. Relax in idyllic surrounds and take a leisurely lunch on the aft deck. Embark on an afternoon excursion to the ruins of ancient Caunos and stop, riverside to admire the tombs of the Lycian kings and partake of local seafood specialities and wines. Return via one of Turkey’s most beautiful conservation areas. Overnight in Ekincik Bay with dinner ashore.
3. Sail south-east for the Gulf of Fethiye, enjoying the views as the yacht rounds Cape Kurdoglu. Drop anchor in Kizilkuyruk. Time for swimming and a hike ashore before lunch. Stay on into the night and watch the colours change as the sun sets. Dinner on board.
4. Cruise south-east again, this time to Gemiler island. Go ashore on Gemiler and explore the many and varied ruins. Spend the afternoon at anchor here, with an overland hike to the ruins of the Greek settlement, once known as “Livissi” – which is signposted “Kaya Koy” and provided inspiration for Louis de Bernières novel, “Birds Without Wings”. Overnight in Bestas Limani with dinner ashore.
5. Morning visit to Butterfly Valley before hugging the shoreline along past Oludeniz. Drop anchor in Karacaoren and spend the rest of the morning swimming and snorkeling or reading in the shade. Either stay in Karacaoren for the night and dine on board, or move on to a nearby bay. Osman’s Place, in the Gulf of Fethiye for a dinner ashore.
6. Sail across to Domuz island for a morning swim before breakfast. Enjoy the beauty of Manastir Bay and snorkel over the ruins of a partially-submerged monastery. Find a quiet anchorage for the night and dine on the aft deck, under the stars.
7. Bay-hop over to Tomb Bay and take the short hike up tot the rock tombs. A further hike is for the physically fit — or for those who want to snap an excellent panoramic picture of the gulf. Overnight in Gocek harbour with dinner onboard or ashore.
8. Disembark after breakfast in Gocek.